Planner Eyal Tessler
Top of the morning to you! This St. Patrick’s Day, we celebrate the beauty of our Irish-American brides, particularly the lovely Kaitlyn. She and her boo were married in September 2017 at a church in Brooklyn and then partied at the Boathouse in Prospect Park, Brooklyn. We loved working with this auburn-haired, blue-eyed, freckled beauty who’s also an avid runner and has a big job.
Kaitlyn did not want to cover up her freckles, and neither did I! SB Beauty wants to celebrate each client’s individual beauty. Thanks, Kaitlyn, for including us in your wedding day!
Photographer: Susan Stripling
Prep: Millennium Hilton
Reception: Prospect Park Boathouse
Makeup and hair: SB Beauty
Xin chào, các bạn (hello, friends)!
I just returned from an epic adventure in Vietnam, where it’s sunny, hot, and alternately dry and sticky.
Spring is soooo close – but it’s not here yet. You might even have a warm-weather trip planned for April, just to grab some precious vitamin D (so important for your overall well-being). If you do, please pack your kit accordingly. As a lover of all things skincare, I have some thoughts. Here is what I pack for myself:
- Eye makeup remover – gotta be gentle with those peepers!
- Facial cleanser – now is the perfect time to use up those sample sizes hanging out in your drawer
- Serum – I want to offer my face needs as much love as I can
- Serious sunscreen for face and neck – this is my favorite, from Shiseido and available at Sephora
- Sunscreen stick for my nose, forehead, and chin – great for touchups
As with all important matters in life, consistency is everything. I do a full skincare regimen morning and night, never take a night off, and I think my skin looks pretty good for my age. These items will fit in your carry on luggage, so no excuses! Oh, and I usually buy a big body sunscreen when I arrive at my destination (easier in some locations than others, so plan accordingly).
As a student of art history, I enjoyed the way Vermeer molded his subjects with his depiction of natural light.
I met Genevieve through her planner, who came to me rather last minute. The bride had hired another company, but couldn’t find a way to convey her makeup style to the artists. The planner called me, knowing that I can not only handle a “no-makeup makeup”, but make the bride and her party feel glamorous even with little makeup.
The bride and I met, and we hit it off – she’s bright and hilarious, and I couldn’t wait for her wedding! The wedding day brought a little snow, lots of gorgeous little kids in fancy outfits, and overall holiday cheer. The bride looked amazing (hats off to Jaime Carson for the facials!) – and check out her Vermeer moment by the window!
In one year, she got married, bought a house, and had a baby. I adore her and am very grateful for the three additional brides she referred to me in 2017. The planner was right – we were a match! I am so lucky to have all of these fabulous brides in my life.
Hey, it’s finally warm, and we couldn’t be more excited! As you can tell from my travels (view on @sharonbecker), I loooove warm weather. I do hope you get this Memorial Day weekend off from work, and can enjoy the outdoors, barbecues, and remember the sacrifices made in pursuit of our freedom. I will be exercising my freedom to work for myself! We have two beautiful brides and I can’t wait to spend their wedding days with them on Saturday and Sunday. On Monday, maybe we will take a walk outside, with this furry friend.
Before I send you off for the weekend, here are three beauty items I highly recommend you purchase! They will get you through the summer in safety and style, and are some of my personal favorites.
- Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 42 I wear this every day in warm weather, under my makeup, at the beach, going for decaf. That’s it. Just do it.
- is drool-worthy in terms of stunning product and gorgeous packaging. Don’t you want to feel like a baller, whether you’re putting on your makeup at your summer share or touching up before a Yankees game? Yes, you do. This is a splurge, but the colors are subtle and flattering and the texture is So. Very. Soft. Please, no cheap bronzer. The Neo Bronzer
- Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 30 I’m loooooving this product! The texture is light and you can build the coverage. Best of all – since it’s a modern matte, you won’t feel greasy in hot weather. Do it!
Have a beautiful and safe weekend, and let me know how you like my recommendations!